Restore Ledger wallet on Polkadot.js
Some of you might have issues making transactions with Ledger wallet on the portal. This is because the Ledger App that you are using is a minimal version. For now, restoring the Ledger seed phrase on Polkadot.js may help the issue.
This is a 2-step process.
- Restore the wallet on Polkadot.js.
- Restore the json file on Polkadot.js extension.
Go to Polkadot.js.
Go to Settings.
On the Account Options dropdown menus, select
Allow local in-browser account storageand
Attach Ledger via WebUSB (Chrome, recommended).
Next, go to "Account" and click on “Add Account”.
Replace the mnemonic seed with your Ledger seed.
Expand "Advanced creation options".
On "keypair crypto type", select
Ledger (ed25519, BIP32 derivation).
On "ledger app type", select
Tick the box “I have saved my mnemonic phrase safely”.
Give the account a name and a password, and click “Next”. Make sure to save the password.
You will be prompted to save the json file. Please save the json file safely as you will need this in the next step.
- Go to https://polkadot.js.org/extension/ to download and install the browser extension wallet.
- After installation, click on the “+’ icon and select “Restore account from a backup json file”
- Select the json file that you saved from Step 1 and click “Restore”.
- Enter the password that you saved from Step 1 and click”Restore”.
- The wallet is now restored on the Polkadot.js extension.
- Click on the 3 dots and select “Allow use on any chain”.
- Your Ledger wallet is now restored on Polkadot.js and you can use it with Astar Portal.